Friday, November 21, 2008

Sneaky Shopper

A couple of weeks ago Dakota and I were at the commisary shopping. When we went down the baking aisle, I stopped to look at the cake mixes to see what they had for making cupcakes. Dakota loved her birthday cupcakes so much that I thought it would be fun to make them together again for her. This time, mom wanted chocolate though :). Well, I decided to pass on them this time since we had a freezer full of Dora Ice Pops and a bowl full of Halloween candy left to be eaten. Dakota didn't say a word when I put the box back on the shelf and was actually amazingly good about not getting them....so I thought! As I started to put the groceries away at home, I came across a Duncan Hines Chocolate Cupcake box. Hmmmmm, that little sneaky girl. I showed them to her and said "Dakota, where did these come from?" To which she replied, "Yum, I love pupcakes." Anyway, I left it at that and just giggled. We made them together (after I bought some chocolate frosting of course) and here are some pics of my little cooking helper in her cooking afrin. She puts many of us to shame when it comes to cracking eggs...she has become quite the expert. I was, however, a little disappointed at the number of sprinkles she put on each cupcake...I may have added a few after the pic was taken to make up for it.

No comments: