Tuesday, November 17, 2009

USMC Ball 2009

Mark and I have made it a habit to go to the ball every year. The only year we missed was when Dakota was born and that was only because I got sick right after. I even went last year and waddled around at 8 1/2 months prego LOL. I always enjoy getting to go with Mark all dressed in his blues. We had tons of fun and the pride of being the wife of a United States Marine is strongest on these nights :). Here are just a few pics!
Here's the cake...they cut a piece for the guest of honor, one for the oldest Marine there and one for the youngest...who by the way was born in 1990. WOW!...felt pretty old LOL
Mark and I...and the pic was taken on November 10th...Danny's camera is still set on Iraq time so it thought it was the next day :)
Lovin on my hubby!
We actually danced at this one...
Quite a bit actually...it was amazing!
The guest of honor was the Commandant of the Marine Corps General James T. Conway...they got to chat dogs for a few seconds :)
And for the sappy part...Mark took me out to the beach afterwards and brought a change of clothes and some blankets. We layed out on the beach and watched a movie together while the sis held down the fort back at the house with the kids. It was an amazing night altogether!

No comments: