Friday, January 8, 2010

Road Trip

Okay, so I know it's been way too long since I've updated this blog. Feels like everytime I post something I'm saying that...but this has been the longest I've gone. As you'll see...we've done a lot of things and been a lot of places so that's why I haven't really updated. It's more overwhelming to sit down and update this many things :). I'm gonna do my best though.

First things first...we decided we would head out to Mark's parents' house in New Mexico for Thanksgiving so we had this grand idea that we would drive...and enjoy our time together as a family LOL. It actually wasn't near as bad as I had anticipated and the kids did great for being in the car for soooooo many hours. Mark even behaved himself and was good too :). We took our camping stuff with us because we really wanted to camp out the first night. We hadn't had the privilege of camping with Bodee yet but we knew that Dakota really loved the outdoors. It may be awhile before we try to conquer "camping with Bodee" again since Dad ended up spending the night in the car with him LOL. We have made certain that Bodee goes to bed on his own and that backfired on us in the tent. Dakota was always a baby that needed to be rocked and put to sleep...but Bodee falls asleep on his own as long as there aren't any distractions in his room. Well, about an hour after everyone going to sleep...he woke up and saw me laying next to his pack and play LOL. It was over after that...he was screaming so loud that I just knew he was gonna bring in the bears :). Mark took him out and put him into his car seat in the car and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a whole lot of sleepin going on in there. Anyway, needless to say, we were all excited when morning came and it was time to get up LOL. Here are a few of the many pics from this "adventure."

Cheaha State Park - Highest elevation in Alabama at a whopping 2407ft :).
We pulled over to take a pic...the colors were beautiful and still changing.

We got to our site, set up the tent, and dad and Dakota got to work on the fire. She went all through the woods pickin out sticks and twigs for him. She loves the outdoors!

Me and my kiddos at sunset...

Dinner was hotdogs...courtesy of Dakota and dad :)

Dad and the Bodester livin it up in the mountains :)

The bon...I mean Campfire.


This was "Hotel Alabama"...best $16.50 we've spent...minus the sleeping hours LOL
It was pitch black in the tent...and all I heard were the kids gigglin. We asked Dakota if she was being nice to her brother and she said yes. I flashed this pic to take a better look and this is what we got...her tackling her brother. I "think" he was having fun too.

Our campin girl...

Our dirt-eatin campin boy...

Dakota showin us her scary Bear interpretation...

And just for my records...since I'm soooooooooooo behind on this stuff...this was November 15th, 2009 :).

No comments: