Saturday, October 9, 2010

Jacksonville "Thair"

Dakota still hasn't changed "thair" to "fair" despite lots of effort on my part. Not that she can't say it...she just thinks it's pronounced "thair." We usually go to the State Fair but I just couldn't make myself get excited about the 2 and a half hour drive. We have gone the past two years and I've really enjoyed it...but it will never be the Texas State Fair so I'll stop trying to make it that way lol. The Onslow County Fair is always around the same time here in Jacksonville so I thought I'd take the kids and see how it went. They had a blast...and that's really all that matters ;). Dakota is really coming out of her shell...she used to be so hesitant to play the games or ride the rides. Not this time, I had to limit her so we didn't blow through all the money in one hour.
Okay, so in looking at this picture, right now, I have to say that it's the first time I've seen all the playboy bunnies :(. I didn't even notice them that day. Dakota wanted to shoot the basketball...and I jumped at the chance. I'll pay better attention next time!

She threw the darts...Pop Kiki would be proud. She even popped 2 out of the 3 balloons.
Ice Cream Cones for everyone...except mom :(
At every fair, Dakota finds this game. Bodee loved it too and looked like an old pro...well, except when he was swinging the hook around and taking people out LOL oops!
Every time he caught one, he got super excited...oooooo and wowwww were his words of choice!
I just loved watching Dakota on the swings. She walked out to her swing, got in and started looking around. She watched about 3 different people clip themselves in, and then she fiddled with the chain until she was safely clasped ;) She said this was her favorite ride!
This, however, is my favorite ride...but only because of this picture. She absolutely loved this and had the funniest faces as it zoomed past Bodee and I. She had to have the front too...which is wayyyyy different than times before. Times are a-changin!


No comments: