Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dakota's Open House

Dakota was so excited for her open house...she kept coming home each day from school saying, "mom, soon we are gonna have a party...and it's gonna be at night." I guess that's a good way to look at an open house. The first night for open house was canceled...due to the 5000 inches of rain we received in just a few days. Schools were closed, roads were closed and the Marines were even delayed...so I guess that meant the open house wasn't gonna be a go. Anyway, she had to wait an extra week but we finally made it. She showed me all around the room (Mark could have made it the week before but was in Colorado when it finally happened) and even introduced her brother to their class pet, Miss Missy. She gave me the rundown on a typical day for her...jobs, crafts, songs etc. It was nice to finally see where the magic was taking place. She loves her teacher Mrs. Cindy (picture coming soon as it was hard to get a good one and keep Bodee from poking the Guinea Pig in the eye) and has lots to say about the kids in her class. The two main ones, Maile, her bff from Hawaii...and Logan...the boy that she gets embarassed around :(. Help us all!!!! The evening was topped off with some of the most amazing snacks I'd ever had at a school event...and I went to 16 years of it :).
Dakota, what do you like to play with in here...."these mommy" (silly girl)

Showing me one of the pages she made in the class book I think Bodee is ready to join his sister...or maybe it's for whoever that girl is he's looking at! Miss Missy - Class Guinea Pig...aka Bodee's new obsession EVERYTIME I drop her off

No comments: